- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 C frozen peas
- 4 C cooked rice, cold
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 1/2 Tb butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Pour the soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large, nonstick skillet heated to medium high heat, melt 1/2 Tb of butter then cook the beaten eggs. Once fully cooked, set them aside in a small bowl.
- Return the pan to a high heat and melt 1 Tb of butter then add the onion, garlic, and carrots, along with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Sauté until the veggies begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the butter then the cold, cooked rice, frozen peas and cooked chicken breast. "Fry" the rice in this additional butter along with the veggies you were already sautéing. Stir the rice as it cooks for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bowl of sauce, along with the green onions and scrambled eggs. Stir it well to coat the rice with the sauce. Before serving, drizzle the sesame oil over the finished rice, then toss to distribute it.